~Crys

4/21/2007

नot प्रेत्त्य Enough

Am I not pretty enough? Is my heart too broken? Do I cry too much? Am I too outspoken? Don't I make you laugh?Should I try it harder? Why do you see right through me?
When I first heard this song, it made me think of a girl who is trying her best to get some guy to notice her, but no matter how hard she tries, he still doesn't see her.
But then I watched the video and took the time to actually listen to the verses:
I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break I crave, I love, I've waited long enough I try as hard as I can
I laugh, I feel, I make believe it's real I fall, I freeze, I pray down on my knees I hope, I stand, I take it like a man I try as hard as I can
She's not really talking about love or even a crappy crush. She talking about something more. About being over looked because she is seen a certain way. She's not beautiful or funny. She is too emotional and doesn't try to fit in, so she must not know anything. In this song, Kasey is saying, I live, I wait.... I go through it all just like anyone else... So why am I over looked. Why don't my opinions matter. Why do you see right through me?
Ever felt that way? That no matter what you know or what you've gone through, for some reason, no one is paying attention? Maybe its because you're too young or you don't wear designer clothes. Maybe you're only a girl or you're strong enough. Or maybe its a woman thing that a guy like you could never understand. Perhaps you faith isn't accepted in society.
Everyone's probably had to face it. Being shunned because you don't fit the mold.
But God doesn't want us to sink into the majority. He wants us to stand up for what we believe in. Even if it seems like the whole world is tuning us out. We are to shout louder. If we press forward, we will be heard. Don't conform, stand out. Dance like an idiot. Sing at the top of you lungs. Pray with hope and live by faith. Show the world what it means to live for God. Let them know what they're missing out on. Like Stephen Curtis Chapem said, "la-la-la-la-live out loud."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home