~Crys

12/19/2007

Growing Up...

I've been told lately that I don't act mature. I seriously don't know how to respond to that. To the idea that compared to most people my age... I act like a child. How do you take that?
Better yet, who is to decide what mature is? What's the difference between acting mature and being old.
I thought there was one...
I thought Maturity was the ability to handle certain responsibilities effectively.
But maybe its acting like a seventy-two year old lady with bad style, bad humor and a undeniable air of a person who has had something very large stuck up their butt.
If that's maturity... maybe I don't want to be mature. Maybe I don't want to ever be called an adult.
In the words of Peter Pan (my hero), "I won't grow up!".... and you can't make me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home